How would you tank this basement wall ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently purchased 2 flat that need general renovation. The Lower GF flat had a partition in front of this wall to try and keep the damp out but i've taken it down with a view to tanking it properly, however with the services on the wall and pipework its going to prove very difficult - what appoaches would people take to tackle this one ?

I was considering cellarcote but can't see how that that would be possible as it has to cover all the wall surfaces

tia,
Mike.

Sponsored Links
Agreed, do it properly and relocate the services. It's not tanking if you leave gaps by working around existing services. No taking company would do it, and no manufacturer will uphold any guarantees.

Thanks guys - so a waterproof inner skin with a channel a pump system behind wouldn't do the job here ?

My finger in the air cost is there's well over £1000 involved in getting water, gas & electricity entry points into the building relocated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys - so a waterproof inner skin with a channel a pump system behind wouldn't do the job here ?

That WoULD be the way to do it (assuming you couldn't get access to the outside), but you would still need to re-position the services some way.
Can't see how you could effectively tank it while leaving them in position.

If you use a dimpled membrane & pump system like Newlath then you just need to fit the membrane behind the services. Penetrations are ok with this system as any water drips down the cavity. They wouldn't need relocating as such just attaching from the wall as you slipped the membrane up behind, then just re-fix with the correct fixings. If you want to insulate aswell then that'd be more tricky potentially.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back