Howdens Glendevon kitchen. is it good quality? does it warp/frail/peel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we are planning on getting a howdens Glendevon kitchen. does any one have one? how long have you had it? has it warped or detached?

i have heard vinyl wrapped kitchens warp/peel near areas of heat (eg by oven) so wanted to know your view - as i dont want a kitchen which wont last 10+ years.

Sponsored Links
I fitted to a couple of kitchens 8 yrs ago. Once was sold, one rented (recently sold). Seemed to wear pretty well, I was not aware of any warping/peeling.

They can bubble, delaminate (peel) and crack. This generally seems to occur above the kettle spot (kettles shouldn't be used beneath cabinets - but it happens) - peeling and/or bubbling, in kitchens with inadequate extraction or where the extraction isn't ever used and especially if you have someone who steams their food or dries their wet washing in the kitchen - peeling, or where the doors are installed too near to the cooker and especially without a heat shield installed - bubbling and cracking. Properly treated they will last (ma in law has a white high gloss vinyl kitchen I installed for her in 2003 and it's still good apart from the two doors over where the kettle now sits.........)

kettles and toasters, hobs, dishwashers and ovens, surely.

A kitchen with none of these things should be OK.

Sponsored Links
Oh, really? :rolleyes:

To answer the OP's query I doubt that I'd ever want to put a foil door in a rental property unless the doors were cheap enough to allow me to replace them after 5 years. Equally I wouldn't go high gloss (tops or doors) if the kitchen was going to be used intensively (e.g. by anyone who cooks regularly) because they mark more easily and scratch for fun

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back