HP photosmart printer C4480

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My HP printer is telling me that the ink cartridges are not compatible, even though they are the correct ones & worked fine for the last few weeks. I have cleaned them, they worked for a couple of days. I then replaced them, still the same problem. I have taken them out & re installed them, it still tells me that they are the wrong ink cartridges. Can anyone help solve this problem ? :?:

Sponsored Links
Probably the chips inside the ink cartridges have passed an expiration date or are otherwise faulty.

Buy new cartridges.

And next time buy a printer that does not use chipped cartridges ;)

(It is also possible the printer has a fault and can't read the chip, again, don't buy printers that use chipped cartridges :p)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01442936

OR
If all t\s has been completed reset to printer to its factory defaults removing cartridges from the printer.

Power Button + Cancel Button Combo
Enter special key combo 1[Scan] 3[Copy Color] 2[Copy Black]
‘Support menu’ will be displayed
Press the 2[Copy Black] until the display shows ‘Reset Menu’
Press the 3[Copy Color] once
Press the 2[Copy Black] until the display shows ‘Semi-Full reset’
The printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the Printer

Sponsored Links
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01442936

OR
If all t\s has been completed reset to printer to its factory defaults removing cartridges from the printer.

Power Button + Cancel Button Combo
Enter special key combo 1[Scan] 3[Copy Color] 2[Copy Black]
‘Support menu’ will be displayed
Press the 2[Copy Black] until the display shows ‘Reset Menu’
Press the 2[Copy Black] until the display shows ‘Semi-Full reset’
The printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the Printer
:D

Back