Humax EPG problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to replace my TV and Recorder in my bedroom and have more or less decided on buying an LG 22 " TV with Humax recorder. As it is pouring with rain at the moment I would like to take the time to reassure myself its the right decision. I have heard that the Humax is desperately slow loading the EPG but the software download will improve it. Apart from this has anyone got any downs on it, also will the LG be a decent choice of TV. Last thing as I am not going to use this for Blueray or games will the Scart version of the Humax be ok or should I go for the HMDI version

Sponsored Links
I have an older Humax PVR-9200T, it did used to be painfully slow to load the EPG, but since the last OTA s/w update, it now stores the EPG on switch off making a substantial improvement.

I would hope newer models would employ this fix too.

Very impressed with it's ease of use - even my mother has no problems using hers.

Only downers, fairly infrequent crashes, no notification of new or changed channels, the need to restore defaults before rescanning as the channel order can become corrupt (annoyingly default is 4:3 output).

Sorry - I have no idea about the LG, but my Humax was acceptable using RGB scart on a 42" Panny plasma.

Hope this helps!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back