Hyundia Atoz Gearbox conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A pal of mine has a Hyundai Atoz and is replacing his semi auto box with a normal gearbox as his semi auto box has bit the dust. He has bought a replacement box and all the bits to go with it such as clutch pedal box, gear lever etc. He was also given two cables (why two?). Has anyone done this conversion on a Hyundai? Any major problems/snags? Where can He get a manual for same car? What other car is the Atoz based on? Something I have just considered is the crankshaft to flywheel connection. Does the crankshaft have the flywheel holes to enable flywheel to be bolted on? Will the input shaft fit into the crankshaft? Where can he get a manual? Any info will be appreciated no matter how small. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings but why bother?

Why did your friend not research this prior to buying the new manual gearbox? Surely a new Semi-autobox can't have been that much more when you take all the other bits into account and the extra work involved

Can it be done at all?

So many things to think about. Like you say, the flywheel/crank may not be the same. Will the driveshafts fit? Speedo drive, fitting the clutch pedal, gear linkage etc. Is the ECU the same for a manual car compared to a Semi auto?

Had it been a popular car then I'm sure somebody would have some advice.

Good Luck

CJ :?:

The two cables are likely to be gear change cables... And the best luck in the world with the rest! :evil:

Sponsored Links
The quick answer is yes, it can all be made to fit. The problem is its going to cost more than the car is worth. Far better to get a recon auto box. :D

Back