I have a PowerMax plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a PowerMax plus

It has failed with the yellow trouble light on faintly and 8 dark squares on the display

I have tried reset and factory default reset to no avail have I missed something. And is it fixable?

Sponsored Links
Not familar with this but sounds like its a power issue / short possibly.

Someone thats more familiar with this system should be able to correct me on my thinking.

I forgot to mention i used the powermax complete method to reset to factory defaults, (shorting the DEF pins) by mistake, I then tried the correct method for pqwermax plus (shorting the reset pins) but by then it had developed the fault.

I don't know the system. You need someone more familiar with the system to confirm for certain or the manufacturer.

Sounds like you are saying you went to default it, shorted the wrong pins and now it has the fault.

If that is the case I doubt it can be rectified without replacing the unit, or components affected, as the short has damaged the system.

Sponsored Links
Yes that's exactly it, but as it was the def pins i sorted by mistake I would like to know what they do, In other models of Powermax they are the pins that take back to default. If they can seriously screw the box I would have thought there would be a warning.

if its under warranty take it back as faulty.

I am surprised the pins are left if they have no function, need to speak with manufacturer support to find out moreabout this one I think.

I have emailed both Visonic and Powermaxshop from whom it was purchased and received nothing in reply not even an acknowledgment of the email. Anyone shed light on where these companise hide

What about where you bought it from. They may get more joy.

Visonic is a tyco security product

I purchased it from a company called "Home Monitoring Systems Ltd" at Walton on Thames, tried their website which has no server. I don't think they still exists unless anyone knows different. So the question is does anyone know who can fix or supply a new motherboard for a PowerMax+

Pat Parkinson

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back