I have started my garden.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's an allotment really , but it had been neglected by me for a few years and cos i keep saying I was going to do it but kept putting off.

I have very little experiance , but I have started taking/cutting the prickly weeds out and trying to clear it.

I will try to post some pics up so you have a better understanding of what i'm trying to achieve.

It is quiet theraputic and I'm looking forward to making it a nice place, maybe have a chicken coop :eek: or a beehive :eek: .

It sounds crazy I know but ,hey we live in an insane world :D , I like my organic foods. ;)

Any tips ideas will e appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Our plot was overgrown with brambles when we took it over, an afternoon with a brushcutter and an old oil drum for an incinerator soon sorted it. Of course the roots will still need to be dug out though.

I started burning them in a metal bin and the next day it started to rain :cry:

Half is done , but the fences and everything needs sorting , it wont be a straight forward job but , patience has it's merits I suppose.:cool:

newgas";p="1596351 said:
Well it's an allotment really .

When you say 'allotment' do you mean a section at the rear of your garden or a site away from where you live?

I'm only thinking about chickens being left in a coop with the possibility of teenagers running 'around'

I have built a chicken coop in my garden with run, we have 2 chickens and have 2 freshly layed eggs every day. When I'm home, (and in the garden) I let them out and they run over to a area of bare soil where they dig/scratch the earth looking for bugs.
They also follow you around the garden. Very funny to watch.

When I am weeding, I throw all the weeds and grass cuttings in their run. They Eat the lot.

I say go for the chickens, it's good fun

Andy

Sponsored Links
The allotment is just behind my house with a private back lane in between

No foot trafic on the lane at all. MMmmm freshly laid eggs,tasty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back