I need a deeper towel rail to straddle a vertical radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vertical panel radiator in my bathroom and I need a towel rail to mount across it so the towels hang in front of it. This is the rad:-

https://www.bathroomtakeaway.co.uk/norden-radiator-1600-x-480-white-single.html

A conventional chrome single rail would be fine but it has to be deep enough to be able to stand across the radiator. There needs to be about 100mm clearance between the rail and the wall but most don't stand off this far. Has anyone seen a deeper rail on sale anywhere? The front rail of a double is usually far enough forward so I could remove the second rail but it will look odd. Thanks in advance. (y)

Sponsored Links
We have this towel rail its from Bath Store its a nice one chromed brass 270mm deep 470mm wide.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

Attachments

• WP_20161115_10_54_51_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161115_10_54_51_Pro.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 122
Thanks Andy. That wouldn't span the rad as it stands because the rear rail isn't 100mm off the wall but I could remove the back rail and then it would. It is certainly worth a look. We have a Bath Store branch locally - I'll pay them a visit.

Yeah i know what your after now just had another look at mine if you look at the picture the second rail of the three is 115mm from the wall.
Andy.

Sponsored Links
That would do nicely. If the removal of the rearmost rail doesn't leave an unsightly witness mark I may well do that. I'm due to be near the shop on Thursday so I'll go and look. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back