i-on 16 pir led not flashing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a i-on 16 alarm fitted by a installer ,the pirs are wireless but stopped flashing shortly after it was installed and have now not flashed for 24hrs+
The led has not been disabled and the pirs appear to work when the alarm is set and i simulate a intrusion.
I have aked the installer why but he says he does not know why they are not flashing the walk test seems to work but the pirs do not trigger very easily.
Can any of you intelligent gents shed any light on this problem please ?

Sponsored Links
They have just 'gone to sleep' following your activation, battery saving.

When there is no movement in the room for, I can't remember how long, they will then 'wake up' and go into alarm as you are expecting.

Your installer should have known this, does he know what he is doing?

So an installer fitted an alarm and couldn't tell you why the wireless PIR's don't flash?

Not familiar with the particular product, but in general wireless devices do not light up unless being learned to a system or in walk test to save on battery life.

as for sensitivity, often just after a system is set the detectors have to wake up, if you set the system wait five minutes and test probably find each detector goes off pretty much within a few seconds.

the sensitivity of the detector can usually be adjusted to make it more or less sensitive, without looking at the manual or how the current devices are setup up I would be guessing that the pulse count isn't right or they are pet tolerant pirs, or the delay your noticing is normal function.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, even first thing in the morning after no one has walked in front of them the flashing red led does not come back on i am pretty sure they are pet friendly pirs .
As for the installer he was abit of a joke, he crossed over the hall and dinning room pirs,(the hall one is near where the keypad is) i had to give him some insulation tape,flex,trunking,pin plugs for cable cleats and tell him repeatedly to seal the cable entry holes with silicon and the muppet went away and came back with white instead of clear.
The system was installed by proper registered security company.

Last edited:
They have just 'gone to sleep' following your activation, battery saving.

When there is no movement in the room for, I can't remember how long, they will then 'wake up' and go into alarm as you are expecting.

Your installer should have known this, does he know what he is doing?
They dont flash even if left over night so they dont flash when left alone or when you move around in front of them,i pretty sure they are pet sensitive pirs i would just like to know what they are supposed to be doing.
I have done a walk test and they dont flash then,this was when i discovered they had got two of the pirs crossed over.

wireless pirs don't flash normally in day mode, I'll have a quick gander at the manuals and confirm the operation for walk test.

have you paid them? Customer expectation and agreed installation may be another issue.

You shouldn't have to supply any parts unless previously agreed.

from the user manual Walk Test:

"The display shows a list of all the detectors installed on the system. The top line of the display shows you how many detectors remain to be tested. Walk round and trigger each detector. Every time you trigger a detector the control unit gives a double tone and the display shows an "A" at the end of the line for that detector. Note that you cannot test 24 hour or fire zones." no mention of them showing status

Thanks secureiam.
I have done the walk test and they dont trigger very quickly , i dont know if thats down to the pet tolarance pir but i can walk into one of the rooms and walk around it waving my arms and wont trigger, then come back to that room and it does ??
Does day mode mean during daylight hours or is that just a term used for that setting because they dont flash day or night.

day mode = system unarmed (day mode is probably a bad term for it)

I am not familiar with those pirs or system. start the walk test at the keypad, but wait 5 minutes before walking in front of them, does it trigger within a few seconds, then?

anyone more familiar with these?

Several wireless systems have he pirs going to sleep, waking them up with a walk test isn't always instant, once woke up you cant activate within a few seconds usually and then they sleep again (lazy things really, but need to conserve battery energy).

I would contact the installation company and say you have concerns and get someone that knows what they are doing to show/explain things to you, tell them you don't think its working and the installer wasn't able to explain it and your worried.

Thanks for your replies, even first thing in the morning after no one has walked in front of them the flashing red led does not come back on i am pretty sure they are pet friendly pirs .
As for the installer he was abit of a joke, he crossed over the hall and dinning room pirs,(the hall one is near where the keypad is) i had to give him some insulation tape,flex,trunking,pin plugs for cable cleats and tell him repeatedly to seal the cable entry holes with silicon and the muppet went away and came back with white instead of clear.

Wireless pirs don't have cables or am I missing something ?

Wireless pirs don't have cables or am I missing something ?
No the cable cleats were for a cctv camera cable installed on the same day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back