I thought that we were all equal?

Sponsored Links
Camoron and other politicians just spout a load of meaningless rubbish. Talk tough, but do nothing of any substance. If they had the will to stop the flow of international parasites, it could stop overnight.

As you say, the playing field needs levelling so that we aren't the most attractive destination. No doubt any attempts to do this will be met with opposition from the large number of bleeding-heart idiots and anarchists that hold sway in this country. They won't be happy until it's standing room only, and the welfare state is completely bankrupt.

Sponsored Links
Is that what you call reliable figures?

Italy's benefits must be sacks of gold then.

http://www.cleiss.fr/docs/regimes/regime_france/an_index.html
http://www.justlanded.com/english/Italy/Italy-Guide/Jobs/Unemployment-Benefit[/QUOTE]

Very interesting.

Too many things to list here, but things that stick in my mind:

France - retirement age 60 - 62
Both countries - examples about having to have worked there for several years, etc.

I'm afraid I haven't time right now to look up all our British benefits entitlements and compare them to those of other EU countries, but I can guess what the general relationship will be.

I'm sure that's the real reason why we have, not only everyone and his son coming from East Europe, but also why we have so many indigenous dossers (and I don't mean the genuinely needy).

EDIT: Having now spent some time reading through the French document, I must say that their system appears to be very attractive. Yes, it requires most people to contribute toward healthcare, for example, but not excessively.
I bet they don't have a fraction of what we have, with regard to Saturday night drunks sitting in their casualty departments!

Why do they come then? And why do they stay?
Why do millions of Britons go and live all over the world?

White flight?

I wonder whether most, if not all, of British expats have emigrated with plenty of money to support themselves in nicer climates and environments, and therefore have no need to remain in this country with its generous welfare system.

I believe it's not to our national advantage for our richest to take their money abroad, but who can blame them when they pay heavily in taxes in order to support all the foreigners who come here to take what's on offer?

Is that what you call reliable figures?

Italy's benefits must be sacks of gold then.

Very disingenuous to use Italy as an example, as we all know that Italy is only a main entry point, and most migrants are just passing through.

Benefits are only a part of the reason why we are a soft touch and the favourite destination of choice for economic migrants - which the majority are. If you are genuinely fleeing persecution, do you really shop around for the best deal? In 2011, The UK approved more than a third of asylum applications, whilst France only approved 1 in 7 and Germany 1 in 5.

Asylum seekers, economic migrants, parasites - call them what you will, but they aren't stupid. They know they will get an easier ride here, whichever way you look at it.

Sponsored Links
Back