I want to paint these chairs...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Looking for some help & advice on painting some chairs please. We have had these in the garage for many years:

chairsq.jpg

These have previously just been used as spare chairs for the garden during BBQ's etc, but I'm getting a house in a few month's time and am building a collection of furniture etc so I'll probably take them with me.

Basically, I'm thinking these would look fantastic sanded down and painted a lovely cream colour, perhaps either a solid cream colour or given some kind of rustic look. Then I could get a couple of seat pads for them and use them in the conservatory or something.

I wondered what the best kind of paint might be, if anyone has any other colour suggestions/tips, and if I should prime them first etc. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
"sand" them wet with wet+dry paper - they might be painted with old lead paint :idea:

Sponsored Links
I think that to apply a gloss finish would tend to offer a cheap look, a good sand down and the application of a primer undercoat then two coats of Dulux Trade Diamond Satinwood would produce a far better finish.

You also mentioned the rustic look often termed as shabby chic, although in comparison much the same these finishes are intended to age the workpiece and I would be happy to offer you advice on obtaining those type of results yet the overall finish would be dependant on your own skills.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back