I wonder what happened to old forumites?

Don't forget Alastair Green too. His horrific accident made us all more careful of power tools.

Joe was he notbutt66 or something? Yes I think I remember that, terrible. I think his wife signed in to announce the bad news.

Alastair was notb665.

Here is an article reporting his accident.
http://www.harboroughmail.co.uk/news/mail-news/tributes-to-dad-killed-in-powersaw-accident-1-1525838

Here are his posts:
//www.diynot.com/diy/members/notb665.5103/

Top man. There but for the grace of God... RIP.

That article isn't very accurate. He put a circular saw blade into a 9 inch grinder. The thing kicked back on contact with the tree stump and sliced his jugular vein and carotid artery.

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb drops in and out occasionally. Always liked his off the wall posts. He'll be back.

Sponsored Links
I don't know if it's just me but I found this really distasteful. Halfway through a story about a man killing himself with a power tool, there's an unwanted crappy advert for Intel.

Kevplumb? His last thread was May 2014

I wonder if he's still in Clarksville (I think he caught the last train) or back in that northern industrial town whose name escapes me.

I don't know if it's just me but I found this really distasteful. Halfway through a story about a man killing himself with a power tool, there's an unwanted crappy advert for Intel.
Not half as unwanted as joe crassly addressing the content of the report.

Have to disagree there SS - I wasn't aware of the circumstances and the article doesn't go into detail.

Yes - it's a tragedy but personally I find it useful to have the full story as to how the accident occurred.

I was talking to Alastair in the forum at around 10.30am, we told him not to go ahead with what sounded like a dangerous idea. Within a couple of hours he was dead. His family posted in the forum to let us know what happened and to warn others of doing similar things. It was his family's wish. I have no apology to make. Alastair and me are both guitar players and we were posting Christmas Carols that we'd adapted for guitar. I knew him quite well.

I see the word 'stupid' used extensively hereabouts - I guess it is reserved for the non - friends and relatives. No wonder we are intercoursed.

-0-

It might have sounded harsh but if it makes one person on here think twice about doing something stupid then I say fair enough.

alas, if humans learned from the mistakes of others we'd surely be perfect by now. feel for his little boy; having my own children has changed quite a lot of my perspective on what is and is not "stupid". looking at my father in law's irreverence toward putting wood through the "missing riving knife" table saw i have specifically and solely for cutting kingspan makes me wonder if a less careful perspective is something we reacquire as we age/kids leave home

Hi Joe, decided to show my face tonight as i, or my daughter has a bit of a problem coming up in the next few weeks, will get back to you as soon as i get an update....

I wonder if he's still in Clarksville (I think he caught the last train) or back in that northern industrial town whose name escapes me.
Middlesbrough Joe.

Crickey, this place has changed a bit since I last looked in! Can I get the name of the decorator...? I'll know not to use him!

With the new layout/design have topics moved on too from religion...? It really was very very tedious.

I'll bid you good evening lads. Hope you're all well.

Sponsored Links
Back