Ideal 20 not igniting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our Boiler - Ideal 20, gas - prob 6 years old, no longer ignites. The fan runs, I hear the pressure switch(?) click and then nothing.

For the previous few months the boiler would occaisonaly ignite with a bit of a bang which I thought may have something to do with the ignition sparking a bit late and there being a bit too much gas in the chamber.

Anyway, is this a simple job to fix that I can get a standard corgi engineer to do or is it worth getting Ideal to come out and fix it for their standard £210 one off call out charge?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Sponsored Links
I dont recognise what your boiler model is.

It may be quite a simple fault which a competent CORGI engineer can fix or it may require an expensive part which would be better value at the Ideal fixed price repair.

If you call an independent then correctly identify the model first and then confirm that he will operate a no-fix no-fee arrangement in case he hs not clever enough to find the fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back