Ideal c28 mini boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i am a newbie on here & i was wondering if anyone can give me some advice, my Ideal c28 mini boiler keeps dropping pressure on the hot water side, i have checked for leaks but cannot find any, it drops from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in a day, i was wondering if it could be a problem with the DHW flow switch, i have to keep re- pressurising the boiler using the tap on the filling loop, i was thinking that should the boiler once the pressure drops not refill itself via the Domestic cold water inlet ??, also when i press the valve on the expansion tank i get a bit of water coming out, any advice would be most welcome thanks.

Sponsored Links
System needs to be manually topped up when required, (normally not very often). Sounds like you expansion vessel may be shot, will need replacing. If its full of water there is no room for the expansion in the system to be absorbed, so excess pressure will be discharged outside throught the pressure relief valve. Then when system cools pressure will drop to 0.

It may only need recharging.Check that b4 relacing vessel.It may also be that the pipe connecting the Exp vessel to the boiler is blocked.

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone thanks for all the advice, when the boiler was first fitted there was no expansion tank fitted, then it after about a year it started playing up & after about a dozen visits by various british gas engineers they fitted an expansion tank which kind off improved it but it was not until they changed both temperature probes that it started working ok, is there anyway i can pressurise the system myself to check if it makes a difference thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back