Ideal Classic RS240 & Honeywell V4600 Questions Help !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have an Ideal Classic RS240 Boiler, the Gas Solenoid Valve is starting to chatter so its on its way out. (its been in 5+ years since i moved in )

The original instruction manual says the Gas valve should be a Honeywell V4600A-1122

But the valve in the boiler is a Honeywell V4600E-1032

I have found the Manual and the the valves are as follows

A=Fast Opening With Regulator
B=Fast Opening Without Regulator
C=Softlite Opening With Regulator
D=Softlite Opening Without Regulator
E=Fast Opening With Throttle Valve

So now in Confused Why would it have be changed form an "A to an "E" ? Should i put an "A" Back in it ?

The only other differences i can see is the electrical connector, but that's not really an issue.

Can any of these valves be used in this boiler ? what are the differences in the valves ?

Any Help would be much appreciated !

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Perfectly sound advice. In line with forum rules, which you are obviously too much of a 'tard to read.

Which by definition, means that you are not competent to be playing with gas boilers.

Unless you are gas safe registered, in which case, why not sign up?

Sponsored Links
Should i put an "A" Back in it ?
NO.

A gas man wouldn't have any difficulty getting the right valve, but it would need setting up and testing, which I suggest you wouldn't be able to do.

He'd probably fix it without changing the valve at all, then test it. Have done lots.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back