Ideal Icos HE24 - Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday the central heating boiler shut down. The timer unit and immersion tank is powered ok but the boiler is completly dead, no lights etc. The external fuse is ok. Is there a fuse inside the boiler itself or does anyone have any idea? :confused:

Sponsored Links
There is a fuse on the PCB but if thats blown it will be as a result of a fault.

Its likely that you will need a competent boiler engineer to diagnose the fault and fix it.

The PCB often fails on this model and thay are quite expensive!

Tony

Agile

Thanks for the quick response. After posting my problem I came across the postings of JamesV with exactly the same problem. The solution there was a £170 fixed price contract repair.

Best Regards

Gary

its hardly ever the fuse in the board,is your pcb is a black one that will be the fault

Sponsored Links
Think you will find the fixed price repair is now £220, or £300 with a years warranty on the boiler.

British Gas are doing a £99 fixed fee deal in their priority response package which is £2/month. I have taken that.

They came out this morning and like you chaps guessed diagnosed a faulty PCB. They say they will be back tomorrow morning with a replacement.

I am happy so far.

Many Thanks

Gary

British Gas have been great.

They have been in this morning and have replaced the PCB. Everything is back up and running.

Thanks and merry xmas to all

Gary

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back