Ideal Isar boiler fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I dont have any heating or hot water and my boiler (Ideal Isar) is flashing F.H on the status screen. Does anyone know what this fault means? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It tells you in the installation instructions fault finding section, what does it say in there ?

It doesnt have a code for FH in the manual. It has FL which stands for flame detection error. Ive had an engineer out who sorted the FL fault as it was a blocked condensation trap, but not this new fault has come up and the only thing that works is the pump. I am at a loss.

Sponsored Links
The letter will always come first so L F, H F, L F. ect

H F should be on page 60 H....F flame detection error

An L fault code can be reset but a H fault code normally cant.

you can try turn the power off at the boiler and the fused spur leave for 30 secs and turn back on if the problem does not go away then you need aan egnineer, as im new here and there is a gas specific forum further up.

Thanks

JJ

Just a note when did you engineer come to fix the L f fault as he may of caused the H F fault :)

JJ

Sometimes when the pcb board is pushed back into place it will pull out the detetion lead from the pcb board.

You could check that its the two pin connector with a black and yellow/green wire.

The same black lead can also stick to the heat exchanger causing the same fault.

You really need someone to check over for you.

JJ

Will require new PCB If there is no continuity between the two wires on the flame detector... Sorry for the bad news guys...Needs to be seen by gas safe engineer...

mmmm....4 year old post, i'm sure the OP as long since died of co poisioning from a diy repair :LOL:

Lol...
I realized that and almost deleted it, but then any new enquiries might still want an answer so I thought I'd leave it, unbelievably there are still a few ideal HE35's around....

NigelDaveylee";p="3248617 said:
Will require new PCB If there is no continuity between the two wires on the flame detector... Sorry for the bad news guys.

Are you sure about this advice?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back