Ideal Isar boiler leaking from inside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ideal Isar boiler has started leaking. It’s leaking a drop at a time. I have opened up the boiler and taken a picture and marked the area where the water seems to be gathering and then dropping down. I can’t exactly see where the water is coming from.

CH pressure Has dropped since the leak.

Could this be because of frozen overflow pipe? Can anyone give some suggestions on what needs doing, to try to diagnose a bit further. If it looks like an expensive repair, I might as well use manufacturers one off fix option, otherwise I know a local Gas Safe guy.

Sponsored Links
Whichever way you go you need to get it fixed b4 water damages your expensive PCB below.A condensate leak would not cause system pressure to drop.Only a leak on boiler system water carrying parts would do that.

could a few possibilities,you say you removed the cover?
are you a rgi????????
no
so why have you removed the cover???????????????????

are you a rgi????????
no

What is RGI? But I know what your're getting at.

No I'm not a "RGI", but I'm not a chimp either. I know what is reasonable to open and look at and what shouldn't be touched.

Sponsored Links
are you a rgi????????
no

What is RGI? But I know what your're getting at.

No I'm not a "RGI", but I'm not a chimp either. I know what is reasonable to open and look at and what shouldn't be touched.

the second (stainless)panel you have opened is a gas carrying/combustion chamber panel for which you have to be deemed competent to do so! Legally you are not, but is you feel happy then so be it.

I got a gas safe guy to look at it. It was because of frozen condensation pipe. The water was filling up inside and then dripping inside the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back