ideal isar fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with an Ideal Isar 24 He.The problem initially was no central heating with fault codes H3 and L E.
I found the diverter valve was stuck removed it cleaned up and refitted fired the boiler and went through the D and C sequences all was working fine.
I got a call back that the faults were still showing. I went back and removed the DHW thermistor cleaned it and checked resistances at high and low temps these were ok. Refitted and ran boiler all ok.
Called back again with same fault codes,this time i replaced the primary pcb needless to say the with same outcome.

Any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
thanks for the help.
I i did not relpace the spring valve just cleaned and greased it so it was running freely.the water was clear and no sign of sludge.
The fault seems to appear if it has been left standing for some time. could be the valve is sticking intermittently or the actuator is.

well replacing a PCB for a start! Well there not cheap those PCB's so hope your taking the hit, sorry just see it all the time, people throwing parts at boilers without really understanding how they work! So that is my PROBLEM! and since when did an electric problem not involve gas parts, a lot PCB's require some setting up with a U gauge which involves gas carrying parts!! So I asked why not post in the combustion chamber because you obviously registered to work with gas

no i will not charge for the board,and i will continue to find the fault with or without you negative attitude.r

It's an interesting point regarding "non - gas" work on boilers - on an Isar the water side is quite distinct from the gas & flue aspect, but rightly said the PCB controls the gas valve and receives signals from flue related / air pressure sensors so that is a gas issue. However, I am curious to know how strict the rules are regarding changing leaking PRV's, pumps, divertor valves and other water parts in gas boilers. I guess there are some who would interpret that removing a single screw from boiler casing constitutes work on a "gas appliance", while others may have a more reasonable balanced view.

I suppose an incompetent engineer working on the water side of the boiler could inadvertently disturb a gas union or flue seal, and the other problem is that the customer might assume that if any work has been done on the boiler, then the engineer will have checked it for spillage and gas tightness, which a "water only" engineer might not have the equipment to do.

Fela kuti does boiler repairs but its not clear if he is gas registered !

If he is registered then its surprising that he has not registered to post trade questions in the CC restricted area of this site where we can better help him.

Whilst in this case there are no gas issues directly involved, under the gas safety regulations, anyone "working on a gas appliance" should be registered.

Tony

check the wiring then fit another dhw therm and fit a orange pcb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back