Ideal ISAR HE24 grinding noise on start up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have one of these boilers fitted when we had the warm front/home grant scheme about 8 years ago.
It's been nothing but trouble since installation, having multiple parts (excess of 9 now) replaced, including two pumps, 3 pcb's, 3 ignition sparks/systems and other bits.

It's running ok right now, but I noticed when it first kicks in for Central heating, there's a 3 second grinding noise, almost like a really creaky valve or something, it also does it when the boiler shuts off after the central heating has reached it's temperature.
I've managed to record it on my iPhone as an mp3 file, was wondering if anyone can suggest what it might be? the boiler is does have a service contract on it, but they won't come out unless it's actually broken down, so, was just after some opinions.

Many thanks!

MP3 file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8yCaaSu3cqqR0NORVRiQ0lVZkk/view?usp=sharing

Sponsored Links
Spooky! Why want they come unless it's actually broken down? There's obviously a noise there that's concerning you?

I'll try calling them again, last time they were a bit obnoxious when I called, because it wasn't an "emergency"

Sounds like a Spring return actuator on its way out to me. Obviously something opening against spring tension that used to have lubrication but has dried up

Sponsored Links
Tell them it's banging, groaning and not heating properly and that its disturbing your sleep.You're paying them for a service contract.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back