Ideal isar he30 expansion vessel pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you check the pressure of the expansion vessel on an Ideal isar HE30 (not water pressure) & what is the ideal operating pressure?

Sponsored Links
Attach a pressure meter to it, bosch do one

From the manual;

An 8-litre expansion vessel, with an initial charge pressure
of 0.75 bar.

Yes, it on top of the expansion vessel, if your not too confident doing it why not get a RGI to check it for you my friend.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'd searched the net for a picture to show where the valve is located but couldn't find one. Thanks for your advice

The valve on the exp vessell is on the front of the vessell near the fan so removal of the combusion cover is required to access

The system water pressure will need to be released when checking the expansion vessel pressure.
Connect a foot pump with a pressure gauge on to the schroeder valve to check the pressure.
Come to think of it,that could be the Ideal boiler with the schroeder valve behind the fan unit in the combustion chamber.Maybe best to get a GasSafe engineer in to check it.

The valve on the exp vessell is on the front of the vessell near the fan so removal of the combusion cover is required to access

From memory, they arent too bad on these access from the top is normally okay on the HE's.

No. !! Vic hasn't a clue !! Everyone else's info is correct.
Best to remove fan ,
Yes I do know how old this thread is , but it's a valuble resource , and this thread gave me the correct answer , despite the best patronising guess work of Vic !!!

2 versions though innit!! Early version was top access new ones behind fan. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back