Ideal Isar HE30 might be playing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents have had the Ideal Isar HE30 installed by warmfront just over 17 months ago and they've already experienced 3 problems with it. Luckily it's still within the 2 year warranty, God knows what'll happen once the warranty runs out.

In the past, when the central heating was manually turned off at the wireless control (honeywell) then the status 'C' on the boiler would return to '0' after lets say about 15 seconds and the burner light goes off. Which was fine and they kind of got used to that.

What's happening nowadays is that after switching the central heating off at the wireless controller, the status symbol of 'C' remains on for about 5 to 8 minutes depending on what it feels like before returning to a status symbol of '0' . During that 5 to 8 mins the burner light is off but it seems that something is still working inside the boiler, may be pump..im not sure but the radiators are still piping hot until eventually the status symbol moves to '0' and radiators start to cool down.

So i'm a bit confused as to whether we should call the Gas man out or not...just dont want to waste theyre time if the system is working to spec..but just worried what happens if it eventually just decides not to switch off hence trying to take early precautions.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
6 min pump overrun after heating been on with C in display and no blue light.
If C in display and light flashing then there is still a "call" for heat but boiler stat temperature has been reached

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it is working fine to me.
Just the pump running in the boiler.

I think I can now finally put my mind to rest knowing that the boiler isn't playing up and working the way it's supposed to. Thanks to all who responded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back