1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Ideal ISAR hot water ok, but no central heating???

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by CraigBentley, 31 Mar 2011.

1. CraigBentley

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A couple days ago i went to throw the heating on with no such luck. i tested my hot water worrying it was the whole boiler knackered again but that was working fine.

the wireless thermostat receiver is showing alarm, so i replaced the battery's but its still showing. following advice i pressed the override button understanding that would be the common fault an should fix the problem but again no CH. if anyone has any ideas on what else could be the problem id greatly appreciate the advice!?

Cheers Craig.

2. Gas2Air

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It sounds like the receiver is gone. Take out batteries in the stat. Turn power off at fused spur for boiler. Wait for display to go blank in stat. Turn power back on at fuse spur. The receiver 1 should go red. Hold in 1 and 2 together. 1 will flash. Insert batteries back in stat and see if the receiver recognises it. Try that 3-4 times. Failing that link out receiver live and 3 or call and see if boiler fires.