Ideal Logic 30 No CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can someone advise on a possible fix?
I have a Ideal Logic 30 which is supplying hot water but isn't supplying the Central Heating. If you set the thermostat to call for heating the boiler shows a 'c' showing that it's received the thermostat signal but the Pilot light doesn't light?
I've tried turning he boiler off and re starting it but doesn't fix the problem.
Any help you can advise would be very much appreciated
Paul

Sponsored Links
just the obvious one first that the mode switch is set to HW and CH on the boiler front

Thanks Jadele for your prompt reply Yes the switch is set to CH and Water unfortunately It worked perfectly fine yesterday and hasn't been touched. I just turned up the thermostat tonight as usual and after 30 mins or so relized that the radiators weren't getting hot!

Ah well was worth a shot lol. the boiler is seeing the demand and you can get hot water would suggest the pressure is high enough??? it could be the diverter valve inside is stuck in the hot water position. Mine went flakey in my old boiler but was intermittent and usually my CH worked and not the hotwater. Problem is you need to open the boiler to see if the switch is being pressed and released as you turn the hot taps on and off. You could try turning the hot water on full and off quick to see if it jolts the valve a little and starts working. Other than that its probably a cover off job and a bit of investigation.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jadele. I've checked the pressure it sitting around the 2 bar mark. I'll try your suggestion about the hot water on/off first then I suppose it's the cover off!

yeah doubt it will work even if it were the problem but who knows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back