Ideal Logic and Logic+ combi boilers.

Sponsored Links
Absolute crap fit only for the scrapyard just like their previous efforts of the minimiser, response, icos/isar, istor, classic combi, mini, mexico he and so on. Sadly Ideal boilers are badly designed, engineered and the components are the cheapest available.

My thoughts are that this looks like quite a step forward for Ideal.

It is probably amongst the ugliest boilers I have seen though. Makes a Ravenheat look quite upmarket.

Lets hope it is better in the flesh. You only get a feel for the quality when you have fitted or repaired one.

Many years since ideal have made a decent boiler, and they have never ever made a good combi.
They do hold the record for putting the worst combi on the UK market however. The chances of their next product being good are similar to Gordon Brown getting re-elected and leading us into the most prosperous decade ever.

Sponsored Links
My thoughts are that this looks like quite a step forward for Ideal.

It is probably amongst the ugliest boilers I have seen though. Makes a Ravenheat look quite upmarket.

Lets hope it is better in the flesh. You only get a feel for the quality when you have fitted or repaired one.

well they were at rockbottom so a step forward puts them in the same bracket as chaffeturd and heatline.

I remember when the minimiser and response came out and they were blowing their own trumpet about how they were so great. :rolleyes:

Can you honestly imagine the build quality and reliability being anything other than very poor?

seen some press blurb and tbh they are re inventing the wheel

nothing that hasn`t been seen or done (better) before

Many years since ideal have made a decent boiler, and they have never ever made a good combi.
They do hold the record for putting the worst combi on the UK market however. The chances of their next product being good are similar to Gordon Brown getting re-elected and leading us into the most prosperous decade ever.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I would say the odds are better for G.B making the UK the number one world power than Ideal ever making a decent combi.

i`ve seen one at the launch. usually wouldn`t be in the same building as an ideal combi, but the rep is a mate of mine. actually quite surprised. build quality seems good. i`m told their new c.e.o. was brought in from vaillant and is kicking ass to shake off their comedy image. they had a boiler that you could strip and rebuild. very easy to work on. god i can`t believe i`m writing this! i`ll have to disguise my identity or vaillant will stop giving me freebies.

I won't be surprised if its an ok boiler. Probably quite reliable now they've had so much time to work out how to make a boiler that works. Unfortunately its still got that cr4ppy heat exchanger and it looks like a dog. Not many people haven't got WC now so thats no big deal, its the new must have accessory for all new models this year.
My problem is that its too late. Why the hell would I want to test this thing for? on my customers? don't think so. I'll stick to what I know is good, and let someone else be the guinea pig.
In any case I spent too much of my life in a BG shirt, trying to repair all their sh1te, specifically the classic combi..what a dog. Not to mention all the useless steamers.

logic+, has a full read out display and a 5 year g/tee and is about £50 more than std logic. Do agree its not the prettiest boiler on the market.
Build quality is excellent and it does what is says on the box.

Ask an Isar/Icos owner what they think of Ideal; once bitten, twice shy.

they`re not cheap either! it may prove to be a good boiler, but a high cost on an unproven boiler and with a bad manufacturer track record, they`re gonna struggle to bring this to the masses.

Paul Massey has been in charge of ideal for yonks. Don't know who the new boy is who is supposedly from Vaillant :rolleyes:

Pure false rumour methinks.

I wouldn't trust fitting one for at least 3 years to see how they perform.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back