Ideal Logic Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Been reading the forum and the general opinion is I should steer clear of the Ideals' for a few years, the next 5 maybe.

But just been advised on the logic by the merchants, a good trusted merchant, has there been a change of mind on them?

Also an other plumber suggested I should get a higher rated boiler than needed to put less stress on it so a 28/30kW instead of a 24kW.

What do you think?

many thanks,
NH

Sponsored Links
The Logic looks quite reasonable and I chose one for a replacement recently and I am very pleased with it.

The power of a boiler should be chosen by an experienced person to meet the requirements. Usually an over powered one will give problems.

Tony

Ah umm.

It's actually the independent c I've been advised on, how do these compare?

Ah umm.

It's actually the independent c I've been advised on, how do these compare?

Independant C is a slightly cheaper built version. I would personally get the Logic+ 35kw the outputs you were talking about wont matter as such as they all deliver 24kw to heating. Again personally I would get the 35kw as this gives (book value) 14.4l/min as opposed to 12.2(30kw) and 10(24kw)
although most of the 35kw are giving out nearer 16 l/min
so for heating requirements they are all the same its just the better HW delivery!

Sponsored Links
OP, yes a 24kw combi will be pants on hot water go for a mimimum of 29-30kw if want good flow and temperature not just one or the other!

i won't recommend an Ideal boiler EVER the company stinks to the core, any warranty will be worthless when it breaks down which it will, they will use every trick in the book to weasel out of repairing it for you.
you have been warned - ignore at your own peril!!

There are so many other brands, why on earth would you lumber yourself with an ideal?
Fit something else, but every so often poke yourself in the eye with a knitting needle to remind yourself of the pain you could have been in.

So What you guys suggest?

Just want a combi to heat up a 3 bed Bunglow with 1 bathroom only.

thanks
NH

OP, yes a 24kw combi will be pants on hot water go for a mimimum of 29-30kw if want good flow and temperature not just one or the other!

i won't recommend an Ideal boiler EVER the company stinks to the core, any warranty will be worthless when it breaks down which it will, they will use every trick in the book to weasel out of repairing it for you.
you have been warned - ignore at your own peril!!

all manufactures wont put a warrenty on a boiler if its not fitted as per the book, you may want to learn how to fit a boiler to the manufacture instructions an i am 100% sure they will sort any of your issues out... :LOL:

Think I did a fair job of defending Ideal's honour, which suprised even myself. Would be fun to put his name into someone's work database to see what interesting field reports came back.

Cough, ahem :whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back