Ideal Logic Combi to Hive 2 connection…

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope I can enlist the help of some of the kind experts who read these pages.

I have bought a Hive 2 Active Heating system to connect to my Ideal Logic Combi 24. I thought it might be a relatively easy matter as the system is already fitted with a wireless system in the form of the Honeywell CM900 system (to be exact a CM927 system thermostat wirelessly connected to a BDR91 relay box.

Included is an image of the present connections to the relay box. Two blue leads (neutral) are attached to the N connector and two brown leads (live) are connected to one of the L connectors. I suppose these are from the mains to the boiler via this box.

Relay2.JPG

In addition, a black lead is attached to the connector labelled A and a grey one to connector B. I expect these are for switching the boiler on and off.

From this, could someone please let me know to which of the connectors on the Hive relay receiver I attach these latter two wires (please see included sketch of Hive receiver) from connectors 1 to 4? I imagine that the doubled-up neutral and live leads go to the N and L connectors of the new receiver as before?

Hive.png

I hope that the other wires visible, but not connected (e.g. the earth lead), in the present relay box remain unattached.

Thanks in advance and if any more information or pictures are required for a diagnosis then please let me know.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the timely reply, it is much appreciated. Before I go ahead, I just want to be absolutely I understand correctly:

I should take the grey cable, presently connected to B, and connect that to terminal 1 of the Hive box. And the black, presently connected to A should go to terminal 3 of the Hive box?

Also, those earth wires which presently don't seem to be connected at all in the BDR91 should be attached to the earth tether on the Hive box? I ask because in the Hive instructions it talks about the receiver being double insulated and not needing an earth connection - although there is a tether provided so perhaps it is important to make use of it?

I hope you don't mind my asking for clarification, I just want to make sure I get it right first time.

Again, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back