Ideal Logic new boiler installed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to understand my new boiler, please can anyone give some guidelines. The valves are all working correctly, moving from H-M-W at appropriate times.
I have set the timer to required on/off times but have two issues between the on/off times set.
1) HW goes off with the timer. But when the hot water is run (a shower for example) the boiler draws i.e. the display code on boiler = status C and blue boiler light on.
2) When CH goes off with the timer the heating still runs. The CH can run for up to 2-3hrs with heat above that set on the thermostat.
Any ideas on why this happens?

Sponsored Links
Might be an idea to call the installer. You may have a wiring issue. With no demand from programmer pump might run for a short time

Might be an idea to call the installer. You may have a wiring issue. With no demand from programmer pump might run for a short time
Thank you. Unfortunately the installer is not customer friendly. Perhaps I would need an electrician to check the programmer to check for a wiring issue????. The instruction manual refers to the boiler pump running on for CH (distributing stored heat) but not for 3 hours (and above therm.stat temp) surely?

Electrician might help but equally may be out of his depth with boiler controls.
You need a heating engineer who understands boiler control systems- not all do unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
Since you are presumably paying him then he has a duty to be customer helpful if not friendly.

Its part of the procedure of an installation to show the customer how to use the boiler and the controls.

Tony

is the drayton 3 port valve new or existing? was it boiler only that was replaced or was the controls replaced as well?

Circulation pump over-run. However, the blue light should be extinguished during 'pump overrun'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back