Ideal Logic+ or vogue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I have been offered either the Logic+ or vogue combi boilers by a friend who can get them a bit cheaper (because he is buying in bulk)

I know there is a lot of bad press about Ideal boilers, does anyone have any experience of these models - they come with a 7 yr warranty but I suspect that probably doesn't mean much.

Would really appreciate any views as even though Its a discounted rate I dont want to buy an inferior product
Thanks
Rich

Sponsored Links
Well, Ideal have got themselves a terrible name due to some of their past offerings. But they seem to be getting it right with the logic, impressing lots of people who wouldn't touch Ideals with a bargepole not so long ago.
Have a look at this video on the subject from a guy who really knows his stuff.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0GtVe2gvVZ4

But remember it doesn't matter how good a boiler is, it's the installation that really counts towards long term reliability.
So whatever boiler you get pay a bit more and get someone decent to install it.

Vogue is amazing

Logic + Is very good

We have fitted over 200 logics/logic+/vogues in the last year BTW

Sponsored Links
cheers mate , whats the difference then ? less knobs on it or something does it have built in filling assembly

Ditto previous posts. Just in case you needed any more recommendations vis-a-vis IDEAL.
ISAR model was a complete pain. Colaberated with a mate full install inc. fitting an IDEAL about 7 years ago. Took 11 working days and 2 visits for an IDEAL engineer to attend, identify fault and return to rectify.
Thankfully the property was empty undergoing a full refurb. It took me 5 minutes to identify the fault and my (CORGI) mate.... yes it was really that long ago (NOW GAS SAFE) gave me a pat on the back... even after I had *******ed him for suggesting condensate was inadequate and likely to freeze! :cool:
I wouldn't have touched em with a barge pole after this.... but seems that their reputation is now back in order and I would recommend them to other people. I've got a Logic 24 + in my own house!
Just be careful of the small print regarding extended warrantees. They will need to be serviced/inspected annually to qualify for extended warrantee. This is not free.

cheers mate , whats the difference then ? less knobs on it or something does it have built in filling assembly

No flap on the case, only the logic+ has a flap, no flex included no filling loop and with the logics and logic+ you get a nifty piece of tube with a termination doo da for the PRV. Apart from that it's the same boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back