IDEAL LOGIC PLUS boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, I am desperately seeking some info on a possible solution to my problem with this boiler. My boiler is around 2/3 years old and until now has been fine. I am now getting no hot water but I a getting heating through radiators. I have done some digging and found that the diverter valve most likely will be the issue but trying to get an engineer to come out has been a nightmare, my wife and little one are having to go and stay with family until it's fixed.
What I would like to know is .....can I do this myself ?.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ideal boilers usually offer a 3 year guarantee so you would be best to call them & have it done under warranty. Failing that you would be better asking in the plumbing & heating section. I will alert the mods to transfer your post

If it has been regularly serviced(every 12 months) you may still have warranty on your appliance.
If it's not been serviced then call in a Gas Safe registered Plumber/Heating Engineer to fix it.
WORKING ON GAS APPLIANCES IS NOT A DIY JOB!!!!!!

unlikely to be a diverter, I'd guess its a bit of carp in the flow switch turbine. Pretty easy to turn water off and take it out and clean it.

Sponsored Links
i would go with turbine also , however , im sure the front case has the main seal, which if removed is illegal if you are not gs reg

i would go with turbine also , however , im sure the front case has the main seal, which if removed is illegal if you are not gs reg

Correct mate, the last guy that encouraged DIY gas work got banned. I don't care if a DaftyDIYer kills himself it's his poor long suffering family I'm concerned about!!

I have done some digging and found that the diverter valve most likely will be the issue but trying to get an engineer to come out has been a nightmare, my wife and little one are having to go and stay with family until it's fixed.

Thanks

I don't know why you think there is any problem getting an engineer to come.

That's what we do and the internet and telephone books are full of engineers waiting for your call.

I have called 7/8 different companies/engineers, every time I mention the make (IDEAL) they are too busy.
I have no desire to attempt any repair on my own, I am a mechanic to trade but that doesn't make me think I can do anything.

Phone ideal then. When was your boiler installed? The logic plus came with a 5 or 7 year warranty so it will be covered if you got it serviced to keep the warranty valid.
If you didn't ideal will charge you for a service and a small fee to restore warranty and fix the boiler.
01482 498 660
Take a note of the serial number 2 letters then big line of numbers then 4 numbers eg the last 4 are year and week of boiler production
ZJ 2045890006789 1334.
As said if you open combust chamber in this boiler then you need to carry out a flue gas analysis at high and low, a gas rate and inlet gas pressure reading, test flame supervision device and test seals when chamber back on.
It will be the turbine but YOU can't change it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back