Ideal Logic VS WB 24i Junior - Discuss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have decided to replace my Potterton Puma 80e that has been problematic for the last 2 years & my plumber/gas man has recommended either one of the two. He says the Ideal is very popular & he has installed lots without issue plus it comes with a 7 year warranty. The WB is about £100 dearer & only comes with 2 years.

Are there any other caveats or thoughts here I need to know before making a choice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I personally think the logic + is a far better boiler than the i junior. As long as the system is properly flushed and the boiler is correctly installed there shouldn't be any problems with the warranty cover.

Does your plumber think that you are poor and cannot afford a better boiler?

If a plumber said that to me then I would think that it was a bit of an insult!

Sponsored Links
I personally think the logic + is a far better boiler than the i junior. As long as the system is properly flushed and the boiler is correctly installed there shouldn't be any problems with the warranty cover.

unless you have to call them out

Thanks for the replies guys; I am guessing that you think that both these boilers are not the best for various reasons.

Could you make a suggestion on makes/models?

I am in SE London if any of you are local I am open to offers - no jokes.

Thanks

They are both budget boilers!

The Viessmann or the Intergas are generally considered better!

Tony

They are both budget boilers!

The Viessmann or the Intergas are generally considered better!

Tony

Agile thanks for the quick reply. How much more are we talking vs the budget ones I have been quoted on?

Thanks

I guess another question is how does the Ideal & WB compare the Puma I currently have; would I actually be stepping backwards in terms of build quality etc or are the Puma's not much cop either?

Perhaps up tp £200 more?

The Puma is a solidly buiilt boiler but has an odd design with some common failure points like the PCB and the DHW demand switch arrangement.

I would say the Puma is still totally repairable by someone who cares and certainly a cheaper option to repair than replace.

Most RGIs on seeing it will be thinking about megabucks to replace rather than having to think a little to repair for a small fee!

Tony

So how many viesmann and intergas have you installed then Agile or have you worked on lots of them?

Again thanks for the reply. Well I have been given a quote for repair also but I am aware that the boiler is now getting on a bit & has been a problem over the last couple of years so was looking to replace.

Could you maybe suggest a suitable model Viessmann or Intergas based on a 4 bedroom home with approx 10 rads & 1 bathroom; as £200 more is not much in the grand scheme of things.

Regards

I would not recommend a combi for a four bed house if its properly occupied!

Unvented cylinder and about a 18 kW heat only boiler depending on the heat loss calculated for the house!

Tony

I haven't got the space, money or time for the agro of changing from a combi system so I will definitely be sticking to a combi at the moment. Sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back