Ideal Mexico Super 2 - No Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Ideal Mexico Super 2 on a gravity feed system. I drained down the system to change 2 radiators. Filled the system back up, bleed everything including the pump and vent valve next to the boiler.

The boiler stat is on 3.5, but will not fire up when heat is called from the room stat. When the room stat calls, the pump engages and the boiler stays at pilot.

I have changed nothing apart from the rads and the system worked perfectly fine beforehand. The system does not have a 3 port valve.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes.

I turned the stat up on the boiler to 5 and it fired. Though there should be no reason why I had to do this ?

Then you have trapped air somewhere and the boiler is cutting out on the boiler stat.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
It would appear so, though I have no idea how to get it out. I have bled all the vents while the pump is circulating and no air is coming out of any vent or rad...

I even bled a bucket full of water from one rad through the bled valve while the pump was circulating to see if this would move the blockage, but nothing.

try venting with the pump off and also try closing all rads but 1 or all rads and turn pump back on, then try and vent from the open rad of the air vent near the hot water cylinder, if one is there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back