Ideal mini c24 DHW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Ideal mini c24 boiler in my flat. I have been having a problem with the boiler supplying hot water. The problem started when after the boiler was taken off the wall and put back for building purposes although nothing was changed.

On CH mode the boiler seems to work fine but when demanding hot water it fires up but the flame starts pulsating and eventually cuts off meaning the water runs cold then after a while it fires up again but for only at the most 5 seconds before cutting out again.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
The most likely cause is that it was not refitted by a gas registered engineer!

Did a builder try to do it for you?

It could be dangerous!

Whilst its pretty obvious to me whats likely to be wrong we cannot give advice on an open forum that would encourage DIY gas work.

I strongly recomment that you get a professional to sort it out for you.

Tony

Hi, no it was taken off and re-fitted by myself, im an electrician not a boiler engineer. It was put back exacly as it was but now has a problem with the hot water but the ch is fine. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
I had expected that it was not refitted by a boiler engineer !

As I said, I have a good idea of whats likely to be wrong, but can only repeat that you need to call an RGI.

Tony

Im very compitent at all types of work done loads of gas work in the past just cant work out whats wrong with the boiler. I can justify paying someone to do something i am capable of doing myself. I would appreciate any advice but if you aint gonna help i suppose ill have to keep trying different things.

Im very compitent at all types of work done loads of gas work in the past just cant work out whats wrong with the boiler. I can justify paying someone to do something i am capable of doing myself.

Illegal gas work can be very dangerous which is why we strive to ensure its only done by competent people.

Whilst you may imagine that you are competent, you have not done the refitting of the boiler properly and its now likely to be dangerous!

Worse, you dont know what you have done wrong either!

As stated, call an RGI and have it sorted out and checked for safety.

Tony

Look i dont want to get in a arguament about it. The boiler was refitted a good 3 months ago. The problem has gradually got worse. The flame seems to be ok when the hot water temperature is set to low but when it is raised to half way on the dial the flame struggles for a while and then cuts off.

Thats exactly what I would expect from my assessment of the most likely problem!

There is no argument! You need a registered engineer!

Tony

The forum rules do not permit giving advice on DIY gas work.

Tony

It hasnt been fitted wrongly though it went back in exacly the same way it was taken off, re-pressurized, bled, looked through the installation manual over and over cant see anything that i missed doesnt make alot of sense why its doing this. I cleaned the dhw heat exhanger today the best i could but made no different.

If you were competent then you would be able to identify the fault!

How would you explain that I know what the fault is but you do not?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back