Ideal Mini C24 lack of burner ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for a bit of advice on a repair.
My ignition PCB is faulty. Ignition relay isn't getting any power so boiler fails to ignite. I have removed and tested the relays which power at 16v externally, the boiler gives 1 relay 29.5v, the other around 0.6v. Any thoughts on how to repair? I have all the correct tools for PCB work, I just can't seem to narrow down the fault to one component.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
/J Y P

Sponsored Links
We don't give advice on DIY repairs associated with gas/combustion issues.

The only advice we can give is to do the normal thing and fit a new one.

I notice that you have removed the main heat exchanger from your boiler.

We certainly do not advise that as a DIY job and you should have the boiler checked for safety following that work.

Tony

We don't give advice on DIY repairs associated with gas/combustion issues.

The only advice we can give is to do the normal thing and fit a new one.

I notice that you have removed the main heat exchanger from your boiler.

We certainly do not advise that as a DIY job and you should have the boiler checked for safety following that work.

Tony

Ok, that's fine. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone to do a cheap diagnosis in my area.
The heat exchanger was removed ages ago now and I highly doubt that has anything to do with the issue. This literally only started happening a week or so ago.
Thinking about it the boiler was serviced shortly after I removed the H.E.P and the worker that came out didn't point anything out so my guess is that I did everything correctly.
/JYP

Have you tested the relays for contact resistance both NO and NC ?

But I cannot be seen to encourage you with DIY repairs and particularly not to the IGN board where a fault could leave the gas valve turned on !!!

Sponsored Links
Have you tested the relays for contact resistance both NO and NC ?

But I cannot be seen to encourage you with DIY repairs and particularly not to the IGN board where a fault could leave the gas valve turned on !!!
The relays are fully functional, as stated in the first post.
I've just been in contact with a boiler replacement scheme so as long as I can get in contact with my landlord I'll have a new boiler soon. I aren't getting my hopes up though -_-

So you are a tenant and taking your boiler to pieces to do illegal repairs on combustion critical components!

Trouble is when you blow the place up the Landlord's insurance will be invalidated and he will be trying to claim the cost of rebuilding from you!

I suppose you don't work, have no assets and live on benefits?

Wonders never cease to amaze!

So you are a tenant and taking your boiler to pieces to do illegal repairs on combustion critical components!

Trouble is when you blow the place up the Landlord's insurance will be invalidated and he will be trying to claim the cost of rebuilding from you!

I suppose you don't work, have no assets and live on benefits?

Wonders never cease to amaze!

The repairs are not illegal. I'm competent and not charging, therefore not illegal.
I very highly doubt the landlord has any insurance.
What would it matter if I am in receipt of benefits or not.

Anyway, the boiler is back together in it's state of not firing and staying that way for the foreseeable future.

I don't see how you can consider yourself competent to work on gas appliances if you have not passed the assessments!

Being competent is not what you think you are but what has been proved by industry standard testing!

If you are a tenant then its your landlord's responsibility to provide you with hot water and so to have the boiler repaired.

You should also have an annual Gas Safety Certificate!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back