IDEAL RS100N faulty gas valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We had the gas control valve replaced about six months ago, and it's been fine up until a few days ago, when I noticed a strange "popping" noise coming from the boiler, along with a faint smell of gas. Upon looking through the glass, I could see the main burners intermittently lighting, as though there was a small amount of gas being let through. This was happening when there was no call for heat. When there is call for heat, the burners operate normally. The only other point is that the original valve was a V4600A, and the replacement is a V4600C. I can't get hold of the bloke who fitted it, so I thought I'd ask for advice here!

Any ideas?

P.S I've isolated the boiler for the time being!

Sponsored Links
Its a known possible fault with every gas valve you are just unlucky it happened so quick. But it should be under g`tee .
Might be carp in gas pipes that has got onto valve seating

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back