Ideal W2000 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renting a house which has this boiler, it seems to me that it may be on its last legs.

We were away xmas day and returned Boxing day, the house was cold so we put the heating on. We have 2 kids and have temperatue monitors in every room. Before we put the heating on the temperatures were 13.7c in the smallest room, 14.8 in our room (biggest) and 17 in the boys room ( he has the hot water cylinder in his room. I put the heating stat on 18C and it took a massive 6 hours to get the house back up to that temperature. I have noticed that the boiler does not fire up as soon as the room stat clicks on, and it only stays alight for a short time, then it turns off and comes back on a while later, it does not constsntly stay on until the required temperature is reached. It also interferes with our baby monitor just before it shuts off. you get a crackling noise over the monitor. While it is crackling the boiler makes a sort of whistling sound, then it shuts off.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back