ideal W2000 combi boiler is it poorly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having work done and one of our central heating pipes has been reruted under floor it was drained to do this also gas pipe was shortened tested boiler after this was done it fired up thought no more of it now 5 hours later as the temps droped i cant get the boiler to fire up it has twice for a matter of seconds then goes out can any one help ? please

Sponsored Links
Maybe no water in system? Sounds like it overheating??

Are you sure its a combi?

thanks for your reply sorry im female if combi means heats hot water and ch then yes its a combi
ive read the bits about topping up if its a sealed system but i can see the loop system it goes on about

Sponsored Links
check around the boiler for a silver flexi pipe...
some boilers have integral loops.. so really we need boiler model .. so we can help . :)

oops sorry model in title .

This one's a nice, simple, wall-mounted balanced flue boiler with a whacking great two-piece exchanger so yes i would go for air lock .

who ever altered the pipes should be able to fix it for you .. 1 way is to back fill it .. ie: use a hose pipe and fill from a drain off remeber to watch for the tank in the roof over flowing ..
there are various ways of doing it .. some better than others ..

Yes thought the W2000 was a system boiler rather than combi.

It sounds like your plumber / heating engineer / whoever has not fully filled the system with water after their visit. If this is the case, the boiler may be getting too hot. Get them back in and they should be able to sort it quickly.

hi plumber came back flushed the system all worked fine then tonight no heating or hot water again and a very very loud ticking noise from the red box next to the tank came anyone help again :oops:

The red box hasn't got TNT written on it has it? If so evacuate house and call bomb squad...only kidding.

The red box could be a pump maybe?

Still sounds like an airlock to me, or possibly pump not working at all (impellor?)

When you say it 'all worked fine' when he / she was there, how sure are you of this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back