Identify brand of radiator from logo & unusual leak help needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just noticed an extremely slow drip coming from the kitchen radiator. It's not leaking from any of the valves or bleed valves or anything but down the rear of the radiator, part way along like I've arrowed...

(stock photo BTW, not my rad)
radiator drip.jpg

This just happens to be exactly in line with where the brackets are welded to the back of the rad. Is this a common fault? Is there some way I can repair this leak with an additive or something? It was probably dripping once an hour it is that slow. I just added some pressure at the filling loop and now it drips maybe once every 20 mins!

If it needs replacing, anyone know what brand it is? I would like to see what sort of guarantee it had, it's just under 9 years old and it's never been off the wall since fitted, so it's not like I've damaged it since. Here's the logo on the side panel...

DD logo.jpg

Any ideas or advice welcome.

Cheers

Gaz :)

Sponsored Links
It's Donald Ducked, it'll only get worse!

Probably around £40 to buy a direct replacement, I wouldn't bother trying to claim anything

Sponsored Links
As above, if it's rotted through you need to make sure air isn't getting into your system and you have sufficient corrosion inhibitor in there. If you try to make a warranty claim, the first thing they'll want to do is test the water quality and if it's not right your claim will be thrown out and they'll most likely charge you handsomely for the testing

IT'S 9 YEARS OLD!............................... Just replace it.

Please post a pic of your rad.

Andy

I also agree with John that it looks like the Kudos from Screwfix.

Amazing that anyone expects it to still be under warranty after 9 years.

But in any case its likely to be a problem with the water.

I wonder if the OP knows what make of inhibitor has been use and if he has a service record showing it being topped up every 2-3 years?

As said, a water fault can result if further rads developing pinhole leaks if not immediately sorted out.

Tony

Amazing that anyone expects it to still be under warranty after 9 years.

When I was googling to try and find out the brand, I saw many type 22 rads that come with a 10 year guarantee.

It had fernox in it initially, but there has never been any more added.

I'll just replace it, thanks again for the help people.

The radiator comes with a guarantee.

But that only applies if it has been fitted to a system properly dosed with inhibitor, which is kept regularly topped up and which has no oxygenation faults.

Lots of rads and now boilers come with 10 year warranties but in your case the 10 year warranty is for manufacturing defects and after 9 years they would not honour it if it leaked after a week yes they would give you a free replacement which you would have to pay to have swapped, just buy a replacement, if you can get like for like then it should be a straight swap but if not wont take a pro very long to swap the brackets over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back