Identifying two night storage heaters

D

dasfasfads

I am feeling like a true idiot. Having started clearing out a room at the house I've just bought I decided to get rid of the large night storage heater that was on the wall. After discovering how ridiculously heavy they can be I decided to dismantle it and take it away in sections. That's when I discovered the strange padding layer of creamy-coloured powdery/firm stuff between the casing and the bricks.

So... I would love it if the world of DIYnot could identify these two night storage heaters for me. Both are Dimplex and have the curvy X to the left of the logo that is a curvy X or two C's facing away from each other.

First one:

IMG_8067.jpg
IMG_8068.jpg

Sponsored Links
I should have said that I hunted and hunted on the first one for a tag/label/product code but couldn't find one anywhere on the inside or the outside of the casing.

The second one:

IMG_8071.jpg
IMG_8070.jpg

Ident label is often tucked away underneath.

In any case, why do you need to know this info, if you are taking them out?
If you are concerned about the padding in those Dimplex heaters, it's not asbestos.

Sponsored Links
Ident label is often tucked away underneath.

In any case, why do you need to know this info, if you are taking them out?
If you are concerned about the padding in those Dimplex heaters, it's not asbestos.
Exactly that: the asbestos. I am looking to clear my conscience after massively damaging the night storage heater whilst getting it out of the property!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back