If you ever need to complain to BT......

Sponsored Links
like that was useful. i can change my email address in 30 seconds.

Sponsored Links
Mine can be anythingatallinthewholewideworld@..........

gcol said:
breezer said:
i can change my email address in 30 seconds.
How can you do that breezer? I'm not being funny, I'm just curious.

easy.

suppose it was breezer@mywebsitedotwhatever

i could change it to gcol@mywebsitedotwhatever

becsue i have email withr the website i have, i can change the first bit (before the @mywebsitedotwhatever) to what ever i like

the @mywebsitedotwhatever always stays the same

i sometimes have to change it if i get too much spam

not all web hosts allow you to do this

Well done to you....

I doubt very much that this guy will change his email address!

But like you said it could be done.

This email address could be very useful for someone with a problem with BT. I have managed to successfully resolve a problem I encountered by contacting him.

breezer said:
gcol said:
breezer said:
i can change my email address in 30 seconds.
How can you do that breezer? I'm not being funny, I'm just curious.

easy.

suppose it was breezer@mywebsitedotwhatever

i could change it to gcol@mywebsitedotwhatever

becsue i have email withr the website i have, i can change the first bit (before the @mywebsitedotwhatever) to what ever i like

the @mywebsitedotwhatever always stays the same

i sometimes have to change it if i get too much spam

not all web hosts allow you to do this
Ah I see. I can change the first part of my e-mail address to anything, but whatever I change it to I still receive e-mails cause they are still directed to my blueyonder master account.
Hmmm I may have that wrong, I think I'm getting confused with the plusnet account I used to have. Anyway, I have my hotmail account for junk e-mails, my blueyonder one is free of spam (touch wood).

yes, but they only send spam to sayb1@yahdyyahdyyah

you change it to sayb25@yahdyyahdyyah

no more spam.

also a neat trick, is to make your email address a picture, as robots cant read pictures

untitledpn2.jpg

like that.

breezer said:
also a neat trick, is to make your email address a picture, as robots cant read pictures

It doesn't stop spam because the spam harvesters read the source code, and your email addy has to be in there, either in plain text or hidden in a script, usually javascript. Script encoding is a bad idea for a business because people who use assistive technologies can't contact you either - ATs don't read scripts. Disabled people buy goods and services like the rest of us, please don't shut them out. Spam control is best done at the server, and any decent web host will provide this for you.

The image trick is a good one, but OCR technologies are getting better so don't be too sure it'll protect you.

I use bayesian filtering techniques to filter my email which works a treat, I think it'll really catch on - maybe a bit new at the moment though.

-Dan

Sponsored Links
Back