If...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...you tip a bottle of Buxton water on the ground in Buxton, is the water then filtered for 10,000 years?

Sponsored Links
If you can keep your head, when all around are losing theirs, and blaming it on you...

...then you've really got the hang of the axe-murdering business.

It puzzles me how bottled water, filtered for the past 10,000 years as you say, suddenly develops a 'Use By' date 3 months after you have bought it.

And don't even think of opening it as it then drastically reduces to 3 days!!!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
What did we do before the advent of use by dates?

Looked, sniffed, tasted. If we got that far, we ate it!

I watched a programme the other day on catch-up about food wastage in the UK and there are countless idiots (for want of a better word) chucking out food not just on or past the use by, but in some cases BEFORE it as well, in all cases the food was perfectly good.

They must be incredibly rich to be able to afford to do that.

There's no hope...

EFLI / BG: The best tasting cheese I ever had was in France where it was kept (covered) at room temperature.
Incroyablement bon - fantastique!

Conny: I bought an "eclipse" special edition bottle of water in 1999 (edit Oops, I thought it was 2000...) to keep.

In 2013 my ******** M-in-L drank it. She said it tasted a bit odd, but did not suffer any ill-effects.

Last edited:
The best tasting cheese I ever had was in France where it was kept (covered) at room temperature.

If you are looking for cheese, visit Olivier on rue St Jacques, in Dieppe. Buy the cheese, then a few doors down buy some fresh hot bread and enjoy. We ate ours on the ferry back to the UK, superb

Not sure if everybody realised my reference to cheese.

I have a bog standard packet of cheddar which is dated to 12/16 but then it says once opened use within seven days (sometimes three).

Absolute nonsense.

12/16 but then it says once opened use within seven days (sometimes three)

While still wrapped it is protected from infection / contamination by mould / bacteria. Any that were on it when it was wrapped will ( should ) have been killed in the factory. Once opened it is a rich food for most mould / bacteria that land on it..

Another reason the manufacturers suggest 7 or 3 day is due to the product drying out and loosing flavour when un-wrapped. They have to cover themselves for any complaints or litigation from poor quality product.

Sponsored Links
Back