United Kingdom
Looking at fitting the doorbell button below

sporebell1.jpg

Power Required: 8-16 Volts AC or 6-12 Volts DC
Power Consumption: Less than 1 Watt
Light Source: LED
Switch: Momentary, normally open

the button works with all doorbell systems,

I'm unsure about the power supply for the illumination, will it require a separate 12v power supply or will it take its power through the bell / ringer box?

Pete

Sponsored Links
It will probably be powered by being in series with the bell load (LED will extinguish when the push is operated)

Concur - sounds pretty standard to me, just a fancy version.

yes i agree all yo will have to do is wire up like a normal bell push

transformer----------bell push--------bell---------transformer

your leccy bill for the transformer will shoot up from 20p a year to around £1 :D :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the help :D

Been looking at some door bells / chimes, most seem to be wireless which wont be any good for this application

Cant really work out how these are wired in, can they go straight into the main or do they require a plug socket? do they require a transformer?

You can't wire a normal bell-push to the mains, you need a transformer (and a bell). Seeing as you're lacking in the fundamentals I would advise you get an electrician to do this (especially the mains feed to transformer).

If you can afford a ~£50 bell push surely you can afford to get it installed properly!

That one you link to would be fine - it has a built in transformer in the chime itself, and then has the standard 8/12v for the bell push.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back