I'm a citizen of the world !

Sponsored Links
What do you believe then? the guy at the pub?

Sponsored Links
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7322825.stm

Not as clear cut as you make it out to be is it now?

"But Dr Danny Sriskandarajah, head of migration at the Institute for Public Policy Research, said that to say there were no economic benefits was "simplistic and misleading".

"Recent immigration has brought immense benefits to the UK in terms of economic growth, increased competitiveness and the delivery of public services," he said.

Supermarket chain Sainsburys was among those to praise foreign workers in evidence to the committee. It said it had found foreign-born workers to be highly motivated with a strong work ethic which rubbed off on the British-born staff. "

"But Dr Danny Sriskandarajah, head of migration at the Institute for "

Just like asking a man with a red coat sat on a horse if fox hunting is acceptable

Yes lets deny anything that dispels the argument that immigration is a new thing.

Have a look at the BBC link above Joe (here it is again for you). It outlines the history of immigration (to the UK), from years 250 to 2002... that certainly includes 'living memory'. It ends by saying:
Fifty years after the start of mass immigration to the UK, questions are still being asked about whether or not the UK can become a multi-ethnic society at ease with itself - or whether there is still a long road to be travelled.
Of course, the questions, debate, conversations etc surrounding UK immigration have been going on a LOT longer than the last 50 years.

Let me point out, I'm not saying that immigration isn't causing the UK problems. I'd certainly stand with those that say it is, from jobs to housing. But the argument is constantly overrun with idiots who have the mentality of a caveman. Immigration has ALWAYS gone on in this country and will continue to go on. As I say, I agree that it is becoming a problem but lets discuss the problem not who one bloke is willing to pass a ball to or not!

Just relating an account relayed to me from a mate who was a little shocked when it was pointed out to him what was happening, he hadn't noticed it himself, but when pointed out he recognized what was going on.

Whats wrong with passing on a tale of bigotry that crept in and at first wasn't recognized ?

"Recent immigration has brought immense benefits to the UK in terms of economic growth, increased competitiveness and the delivery of public services," he said.

I don't think anyone with half a brain would deny there are economic and cultural benefits to immigration.

It's whether those benefits outweigh the negatives.

So anyone (BBC, Polititions etc) that bangs on about how immigration has benefited us is using a true but misleading argument.

Sponsored Links
Back