im in my pants trying to swap a thermo shower tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!
My intention was to swap my thermostatic shower bar tap for another one that didn't trip. It's a Grohe 2000 ( the old was is a kludi

It should just be a like-for-like swap but now I've remove the old one the pipes don't look how I imagined. There is an existing S valve that seems to disappear into the wall. Does this look right??

All comments gratefully received.....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I can't possibly imagine why you'd want to do that in your pants, but whatever floats your boat....

Looks fairly standard to me, just be careful not to twist that fitting or you'll end up with a leak in the wall, then you'll have to take the tiles off to repair it. The PTFE tape that's been applied is completely unnecessary and should be removed - a rubber or fibre washer will create the seal between the fitting and the new shower

Thanks! I am proceeding with renewed confidence.....

And re: the pants - it's a precaution I always take when plumbing. Like doing electrics in your wellies.

I always do all jobs while wearing my pants.
Did you have something else on too? lol

Sponsored Links
Those S shaped or dogleg connectors are used where the installer was incapable of fixing the two pipes at the proper spacing, and are supplied with many showers to allow them to be fitted to non-ideal pipework. Can also be used to get the shower level where the two pipes are not.

I do all my jobs just in my pants, my customers are not happy about the situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back