Images in posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have attached pics
I despair, I really do, to find that with the new forum we are STILL getting this problem.

Can we PLEASE look at all of the options presented to people for putting photos in their posts, and get rid of any which actually require some thought, leaving only the ones which people can't get wrong no matter what they do. Or don't do.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I totally agree with you ban - its ludicrous that a new digital site cant simplify posting pics.

DIY & the building trades are worlds of looking and seeing not scribbling - many brave contributors struggle to write about unfamiliar subjects, and easy pic posting would make it far easier for them to explain their questions.

My take on this kind of 2015 site is that it shouldn't take more than two or three clicks to get anywhere or do anything on the site.

Aylan and all the kids of the world are all our children; wars are bad for children.
One of the most precious things that we shall ever see was floating in the flotsam & jetsam.

You can drag an image to the reply box and it inserts it. Can't be more simple than that. Maybe it needs publicising more? whether it will be read though?

Certainly not looking to remove methods of inserting images though.

I am glad it was that simple, because the upload to your albums is borked, no matter which image I try it just fails with naff all description of why?

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry to hear that. I will look into it and see if we can find the issue.

Do the images that fail at the album upload drag and drop into posts ok?

Which album(s) have you tried?

Do you know the size of a typical failing image (MB)?

I notice you have managed to upload some to your album since the change to the new site, has anything changed your end since then? (software/flash/browser/blocking addons etc)

Finally, what browser / operating system are you using?

drag n drop is OK, it's just uploading to the albulms.

I tried several sizes inc the one I recently posted.

I'm on win7, Firefox 40.03

No error message is presented at all? (not even a blank message?)

Do you have flash enabled?

Sponsored Links
Back