Imperial to metric pipe conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking for a 15mm (copper pipe) to 1/2" (copper pipe) compression coupler. I'd have thought that this would be quite easy to come by but no one seems to do it? Does anyone on this forum know where I could order this sort of coupling from?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
15mm compression will be ok with 1/2" - the ODs are close enough for the olive and fitting to work

I've been trying to fit a 15mm isolating valve to an old 1/2" pipe and although it fits, I cant use the isolating valve? It turns part way and then stops and if I try turning any further, the valve breaks internally.

I thought it was a faulty valve and tried another one - but the same thing?

The valve internals don't touch the pipework, sounds like two duff valves - where did you source the valves?

Sponsored Links
one was from a local plumber's merchants and the other from B&Q?????

Seems strange that you've had two duffs. Are you sure that they failed - some of the quarter turn isos can be stiff until they have been turned a few times. Have a look down the open end of the iso and check if the ball is turning.

Nope - ball turns fine when not connected. but as soon as you plumb the copper pipe in and tighten the nut, the ball only turns part way and then stops. if you force it, it breaks?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back