Improving concrete drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Don't know if this is the correct section but there wasn't a more specific one.

We have a concrete drive and yard which is looking rather tatty, the concrete is in fairly good condition but uneven and on quite a steep slope, what would be the best/cheapest way to smarten it up?

Thanks

Peter

Sponsored Links
To uneven for that I'm afraid, it consists of many sections laid at different times, some even has a curve on it :eek: I was thinking more of tarmac or that new resin bonded gravel, doesn't matter if its not level as long as it looks OK - any thoughts?

You could certainly asphalt over it or go with the resin bound gravel. Neither is really a diy job though.

Sponsored Links
if youre going down that route then any decent contractor will want to rip the existing one up. If its in a bad condition then theres a reason, normally that the sub-base is insufficent. Dont scrimp on the pennies. The most important part of any driveway is the sub-base. get that right and the rest lasts for years.

There's to much of it to go down that route and I probably wont need it to last for years - I'm 71 :D Thanks anyway, that's really what I wanted to know.

Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back