In or out

In or out of the European union

• Remain in the EU

• Get out

Results are only viewable after voting.
1. Some folk choose to believe that raping 9 year olds is good because some dusty old book says so.

2. The rampage of muslim rapists has everything to do with the EU

I am absolutely shocked and disgusted that Fire and Ice, or anyone else for that matter, should publish such comments.
Sadly, prior to the New Year's Resolution, these kind of comments were pretty commonplace.
I'm confident that when a mod sees the comments, in the light of the New Year's Resolution, they'll be deleted.

Sponsored Links

So, logically, the importer pays the VAT, at the rate of the receiving country, prior to removal from customs, for goods imported from outside EU.
Now the importer is out of pocket until the goods are sold on. That incurs some cost, especially when we are talking £000's, even £M's of pounds (sorry Euros). Sometimes, the VAT paid at the country of reception can be higher than the country of sale. Who loses the difference? Is it repaid somehow? How? When?
The answers to these questions obviously bears further costs to the importer/exporter/manufacturer.
To further illustrate the example, suppose Brico Depot (a DIY shed operating in EU) import tools from UK (following a Brexit), they would have to pay VAT prior to removal from customs, but they couldn't reclaim that VAT until goods are sold to the end user, perhaps many months, even years, later.
Whereas goods imported from Spain (i.e. within EU) would be under a Suspensive Arrangement and VAT not collected/paid until sale to end user.

Thus it's obvious that goods imported to the EU, from outside the EU, have a higher cost than goods imported within the EU.

You clearly do not run a vat registered business and need to go away do some more research.

EDIT: Importing goods from inside and outside the EU

Last edited:
1. Some folk choose to believe that raping 9 year olds is good because some dusty old book says so.

I am absolutely shocked and disgusted that Fire and Ice, or anyone else for that matter, should publish such comments.

Bolo, you reappeared around Christmas time when a call to arms went out to the mods. Since then you have emboldened a lot of text when you dislike what you've read. Clearly you favour one side over the other. You have re-posted old (years in some cases) posts without saying anything. ??????????!!!

What if anything do you have you to say with regards our leaving the EU.

Bolo, you reappeared around Christmas time when a call to arms went out to the mods...........True. But before I reappeared in print, I read over many of the threads which were current at the time and was more than surprised when certain members used any or no excuse, to change the direction of any given thread towards their pet prejudice.

Since then you have emboldened a lot of text when you dislike what you've read ..........True again, but you may also have noticed that, just like in the present case, I embolden my text when I reply within the quote.

Clearly you favour one side over the other........True again. Exiting the EU can't come quick enough for me. That said, as I should be, I am most interested in the arguments that others put forward for staying in. And I've got to admit that they've done extremely well albeit against mediocre opposition.

You have re-posted old (years in some cases) posts without ssaying anything. ??????????!!!.....True, but if you're referring to joe 90's thread 'In or Out', I didn't have to say anything. I was simply making the point that an "In or Out" thread had appeared in the past

What if anything do you have you to say with regards our leaving the EU.

I missed the news this morning and have to admit that I didn't know we were leaving the EU.

Sponsored Links
Fair enough Bolo I have obviously misread your intentions.

By the way, we are getting out of the EU it's just the announcement has been delayed to let our frenchie mate drone on.

I think there might be some real concessions offered at the last minute. It's not so much what happens to GB when we leave, more what happens to the rest of the Union.

So, logically, the importer pays the VAT, at the rate of the receiving country, prior to removal from customs, for goods imported from outside EU.
Now the importer is out of pocket until the goods are sold on. That incurs some cost, especially when we are talking £000's, even £M's of pounds (sorry Euros). Sometimes, the VAT paid at the country of reception can be higher than the country of sale. Who loses the difference? Is it repaid somehow? How? When?
The answers to these questions obviously bears further costs to the importer/exporter/manufacturer.
To further illustrate the example, suppose Brico Depot (a DIY shed operating in EU) import tools from UK (following a Brexit), they would have to pay VAT prior to removal from customs, but they couldn't reclaim that VAT until goods are sold to the end user, perhaps many months, even years, later.
Whereas goods imported from Spain (i.e. within EU) would be under a Suspensive Arrangement and VAT not collected/paid until sale to end user.

Thus it's obvious that goods imported to the EU, from outside the EU, have a higher cost than goods imported within the EU.

You clearly do not run a vat registered business and need to go away do some more research.

EDIT: Importing goods from inside and outside the EU
An explanation based on your experience would be a valid and valued counter argument, but frankly, an off-the-cuff derogatory remark doesn't quite cut the mustard.

I think there might be some real concessions offered at the last minute. It's not so much what happens to GB when we leave, more what happens to the rest of the Union.
Surprisingly, mitch, that's a valid comment, (although I doubt in the way you intended)
The EU without UK will be dominated by France and Germany.
USA will recognise the influence of the EU and our special relationship will suffer because USA will switch their 'relationship' to the EU.
The United States has ruled out a separate trade deal with UK if it leaves the European Union, in a major blow to Brexit campaigners.

President Obama’s most senior trade official said that America is “not in the market” for a free trade deal with Britain alone, and warned British firms could face crippling Chinese-style tariffs outside the EU.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...paign-as-US-rules-out-UK-only-trade-deal.html

Moreover, the EU will be one, much louder, larger, voice to negotiate in NATO

Britain’s special relationship is with the US and Europe. We risk it at our peril
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/16/britain-special-relationship-us-europe-david-cameron

Good for you bolo, As an out-er you're probably dismayed at the tone and depth that some Brexit campaigners are resorting to.
If I was an out-er I'd be imploring F&I to shut up because he's doing the Brexit campaign far more harm than good.

What if anything do you have you to say with regards our leaving the EU........I missed the news this morning and have to admit that I didn't know we were leaving the EU.

I must apologise to you because my reply to the last part of your post was disingenuous to say the least. I knew exactly what you were asking, but chickened out of giving you my reasons for not contributing to the 'Out' argument in this thread. The truth is that in my pre- reappearance thread read, there were, in my opinion, certain members who were "using any or no excuse" to change the direction of any given thread towards their pet prejudice. And it just so happens that some of the 'Out' contributors to this thread are those who, again in my opinion, were doing just that. I did not want to be associated in any shape or form with such members and for that reason did not contribute to the 'Out' argument.

Sadly, prior to the New Year's Resolution, these kind of comments were pretty commonplace.
I'm confident that when a mod sees the comments, in the light of the New Year's Resolution, they'll be deleted.
I have looked back at that particular thread and note that following the New Years Resolution, the majority of guys on there at that time adhered to the resolution, on member even made an effort to change subjects to vans, tools, tea, beer and biscuits but sadly one new member was determined to discuss immigration... That member was Bolo, so I feel that it is pretty rich for Bolo to bellyache about us discussing immigration now.. He was the one to break the New Years resolution and to be honest immigration seems to be the only thing Bolo wants to talk about.

Now then, since Bolo and Himaginn seem to be experts on the Koran, they can feel free to prove that the profit Mohammed didn't have a thing for bonking 9 year olds and as for the muslims raping children in a German swimming pool, well, that is well documented and even reported by the BPC so it must be true..

Good for you bolo, As an out-er you're probably dismayed at the tone and depth that some Brexit campaigners are resorting to.
If I was an out-er I'd be imploring F&I to shut up because he's doing the Brexit campaign far more harm than good.
How so? I'm only reporting what is in the Koran and what has happened as reported by the BPC

I'd be imploring F&I to shut up

If you've read my last post Himaggin, you will understand that I would not want to be associated with that group in any way. The re-quoting of that vile post goes some way to explaining why.

I'd be imploring F&I to shut up

If you've read my last post Himaggin, you will understand that I would not want to be associated with that group in any way. The re-quoting of that vile post goes some way to explaining why.
The reason why you would not want to be associated with that post is because you have a great deal to lose following Brexit... Himaginn too by the sound of it as he has already stated that his only interest is personal and is not the welfare of the great nation of Britain and its people

What if anything do you have you to say with regards our leaving the EU........I missed the news this morning and have to admit that I didn't know we were leaving the EU.

I must apologise to you because my reply to the last part of your post was disingenuous to say the least. I knew exactly what you were asking, but chickened out of giving you my reasons for not contributing to the 'Out' argument in this thread. The truth is that in my pre- reappearance thread read, there were, in my opinion, certain members who were "using any or no excuse" to change the direction of any given thread towards their pet prejudice. And it just so happens that some of the 'Out' contributors to this thread are those who, again in my opinion, were doing just that. I did not want to be associated in any shape or form with such members and for that reason did not contribute to the 'Out' argument.
It seems that what Bolo has written is so mind numbingly dull or embarrassing that it deleted itself

Sponsored Links
Back