indesit DI 450 intergrated dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ,anyone help ??? DI 450 dishwasher refuses to work , number 2 lights up ,machine makes a noise (not loud) but does not fill with water .
tried holding button down for 5 seconds etc then reprograme ,programe number 4 cycle close door but just does exactly as described above ???????

Sponsored Links
Tip it forward watch for the water out of the base need some towels down. Then check that the salt pot nut is tight and the bottom spray arm.

hi ,thanks for quick response ,have tried all nuts as described ,have looked further into problem ,pump starts to discharge water but as said before ,washer does not let water in ,programe changes from number 4 too number 2 automatically , is it an easy diy job to change water load solenoid ,or easier still how can it be checked for correct function ????? once again with thanks .
jimboclow

Did u tip it forward any water come out ??

Sponsored Links
hi again,
yes tipped forward ,water coming out ,think water is comeing from bottom tray,as well as from inside of dishwasher
???????

Empty all water out then try again. It should fill but if it happens again you need to find the leak.

Hi again,
Ok tub seals ordered and on their way will let you know how it goes when they are installed ,fingers crossed you have just saved me about £300.00 ,how does the appliance have the inteligince not to work if it leaks ,????? (just out off interest).
As i say fingers crossed eh !

Float chamber in the base , it rises when the water leaks on to base to stop it getting motor wet. I doubt it will be the seals ,it's normally the lower spray arm nut or the salt nut that's loose. Can also be circulation pump that leaks. What u could do is remove the base and tip forward a bit and watch for the leak.

Hi again,
Ok seals arrived (sat morn) pulled out old tub seal,found new one to be a little bit shorter but installed it anyways ,re drained water from botton plate ,turned on ,hey presto working perfect now . Inspected old tub seal, it was badly damaged by bottom washer tray ,i.e:-gouged in 4 number places as tray slides in and out ,split to excess as well .
Well i can only say thanks as south Georgia is a bit far to come and buy you a pint n a chat,but if your ever in London England look me up and ill make sure you have a god time,once again many thanks ,it people like you that makes the world go around .
All the best for now jimboclow with thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back