Indesit DIF04 flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Indesit built-in dishwasher that's gone on the blink. It runs through some of the early parts of the cycles no problem then goes beep, a pump continues to run for a while and when the door is opened the on/off switch is flashing rapidly along with the Normal wash and Intensive wash lights. If the pump is still running when I open the door, it still runs.
And weirdly still, if I switch it off (not at the mains) it sometime springs into life later with the pump running.

I've seen several different layouts for this machine so the LEDs that are flashing are, counting from the left, lights 2 and 4 (underlined below)

ECO - NORMAL - PREWASH - INTENSIVE

Given it seems OK with cold rinsing, I'm assuming it's the heater that's gone kaput, but before I go there, anything else I should check?
The hoses seem clear, no other signs of problems.
If I'm right, is this a job I can do myself or do I need someone to reset the software as well?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back